Selling your home be it for a job change, a desire for a larger property, a change in scenery or a long list of other reasons, is a large undertaking!
As a local professional, it’s my job to know the current market conditions, neighborhoods, schools and local economy. You can guarantee that I will do all of the leg-work, while keeping a good line of communication with you. As soon as I know of new, nearby listings and market impacts on your home – you will hear from me. It is a goal of mine to do what I can to keep your selling experience positive and stress-free.
My marketing plan is not (nor will ever be) traditional. Once your house is listed, you can expect an ongoing effort to sell your home. We’ll do the usuals: put up a sign with flyers, hold an open house, list it online…but this day an age, the typical buyer wants more. A video tour and high-def photos are musts. And your house will attract certain types of buyers, so let’s utilize a marketing plan that targets them specifically.
Things to keep in mind when deciding to sell your home
- Beat your competition with condition. Do as many repairs as you can before listing your house. Fix all the nicks and scratches, doorknobs that don’t work and cracked tiles before showing. It’s a major selling point to advertise a house with minimal repairs.
- Make your intentions clear. From your timeline to your reasons for selling and the history of the home, lay it all out on the table for your agent. This will guarantee you and your agent are on the same page, and therefore able to get the most for your house.
- It’s nothing personal. Take down everything that puts your personal stamp on your home (like family photos, religious décor, personal memorabilia and collections) and get it in storage. Buyers want to imagine your house as their house.
- Upgrade, don’t remodel. Small upgrades like replacing the kitchen sink faucet, re-painting the living room and re-carpeting the bedrooms make a huge difference. If you have an outdated kitchen or bathroom, you’ll usually be better off discounting the asking price, so a buyer can choose their own finishes.
- Show me the numbers! A good agent will give you a price range and always shows you numbers supporting the suggested list price they came up with. Don’t forget that at the end of the day, the final listing price is your decision.
Give me a call at (509) 590-7615 or click here to shoot me an email, and schedule a listing presentation to seeing what your home is worth!